These days Social Media plays a vital role in our day-to-day life. Everybody is on social media, sharing information related to their professional and personal life. But is it really secure to share your information on social media? McAfee helps you to protect your digital life safe from the theft. It gives you a notification when someone trying to connect to your device without proper permission. While sharing the information on social media you have to be very careful with some things.
Use Unique Passwords
- In order to protect yourself on social media, ensure that you use a unique password for your account.
- You can use an alphanumeric password for your account, which contains numbers, symbols, and alphabets.
- You should never share your login or password details with someone.
- In addition, you can also change the password on a regular interval for better security.
Say NO to automatic logins
- You need to ensure that you don’t allow your browser to remember the password.
- Also, ensure you never used the auto-login feature when you logged in to your device.
- Data of the smartphone can be hacked very easily by using your email id. So never allow your browser or apps to remember your login credentials.
Remove Previously Used Accounts
- While using an account, you share a lot of personal information on that account.
- Ensure that you are not using any old account now.
- It is not safe to leave your personal information online about which you are not aware of.
- Some of the applications or websites like tinder or many dating apps indexed with Google. So it is required to remove the data from these types of apps or websites.
Delete Third Party Plugins for Facebook
- Third-party applications have designed to keep an eye on your interests and behaviour.
- These applications accumulate the information when you logged in by using your login credentials of Facebook.
- After that Facebook would know about your habits and interests and what you were doing online. So it is best to read all terms and conditions first before login to third-party applications.
We have explained the Tips to Protect Yourself on Social Networks above. Hopefully, now you will be able to defend yourself on social media. In case you are still facing problem then you may contact McAfee Support. For further troubleshooting or information, you may also visit mcafee.com/activate.
Contact US at McAfee Customer Support
In case you are seeing for the technical support to fix these issues then contact McAfee Support. You may also connect with our professionals at any time anywhere. Our executives are available 24*7 for the support of the customers.
John Woods is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for McAfee products at mcafee.com/activate and www.mcafee.com/activate