McAfee Error Code 0x80070002 is one of the most common errors of windows that you may come across while using any version of Windows operating systems. Although the message associated with the error code can differ depending on the version of Windows OS that you have installed. The fact is that this is a common issue that may affect Windows OS individuals face does not mean that there is any lasting solution. Below are several methods of resolving the error. If then also not resolved visit Mcafee.com/activate
Solution 1 – Basic Steps to fix error code 0x80070002
Make sure that your PC’s Internet connection is stable and you need to wait for the connection to become stable in case you notice that it is not. Stable internet connection is significant while trying to install pending updates in Windows.
First of all, check your internet Connection and try to Check for Updates once it is stable. If you are getting this error with Microsoft Security Essential then, Reboot the system and try again.
Solution 2 – Configure Time Settings
Improper time setting is a major cause of error 0x80070002. Make sure that your PC’s clock synchronizes with an Internet time server and can fix the error very easily.
- Press Win + R keys to open dialogue box.
- Enter the Control Panel in the dialogue box before hitting Enter.
- Open Date and Time.
- Press on Change date and time and make corrections if necessary.
- Configure your time zone before pressing OK.
- Press on Internet Time tab before selecting Change Settings.
- Check Synchronize with an Internet time server before selecting the Time Sever from the list presented.
- Press Update Now.
- Press OK twice to complete the configuration and close all windows.
Restart your PC before update window.
Solution 3 – If Stopped Check and Automate Windows Update Service
- Go to Services
- Enter password when encouraged before clicking Continue.
- Search for Windows Update Service in the resultant Services window.
- Double-click on the service and change its setting from manual to automatic before clicking on Start if it is stopped.
It is also possible that you may find the service running. You will need to stop the service before shutting down your computer. Restart your computer before restarting the service again. You should be able to notice updates being downloaded and installed. That will be a signal that the error 0x80070002 is resolved.
Solution 4– Delete Software Distribution Folder
The Software distribution folder is found on the C drive of your device. It is in the folder where all downloaded Windows updates are kept.
Deleting it can help in undertaking error code 0x80070002.
- Go to Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Windows folder.
- Search and delete the folder named Software Distribution. You may also choose to rename the folder as Software Distribution Old in case you do not wish to delete it.
Restart your PC before accessing Windows Update Store. Notice all the updates being installed and downloaded. This will make ensure that this method works to fix error 0x80070002 code for you.
John Woods is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for McAfee products atmcafee.com/activate and www.mcafee.com/activate